Following the Board of Governors' approval of a new University Strategic Plan, Cardiff Metropolitan University is now recruiting four new senior leadership positions to join an ambitious streamlined senior management team:
1. Pro Vice-Chancellor Student Engagement
2. Pro Vice-Chancellor Cyncoed Campus and Executive Dean of the School of Sport & Health Sciences
3. University Registrar and Director of Planning
4. Director of Marketing & External Relations
Our University's purpose is to deliver high quality and high impact practice-focused and professionally recognised education, research and innovation in partnership with our students and industry. In working together, and by championing Creativity Diversity, Freedom and Innovation we will enable every student to fulfil their full potential to make outstanding graduate-level contributions and generate sustainable economic growth and social cohesion for our City, Wales and the wider world.
Embracing the behaviours of Leadership, Trust, Courage and Accountability, the senior management team will work with our staff, students and stakeholders to deliver excellence, growth and diversification across seven priorities:
1. Establishment of a values-driven University that champions creativity, diversity, freedom and innovation through trusted partnerships that generate educational transformation, research with impact, sustainable economic growth, social cohesion, and health and wellbeing.
2. Improvement in the quality and outcomes of teaching and the wider student experience through delivery of the 'Cardiff Met EDGE', a core offering that will enable students to develop Ethical, Digital, Global and Entrepreneurial skills, experience, knowledge, confidence and resilience.
3. Diversification informed by student demand and employers' needs to establish a new Cardiff School of Technologies focussed on digital media and smart technology, data science and informatics, design technology and engineering together with the development of new synergies between technological innovation and existing Schools.
4. Development of 'Cardiff Global' to signify an international University that celebrates its roots in Wales: the 'Cardiff Global' programme will develop 'Global Academies' to deliver interdisciplinary, international and impactful postgraduate and research provision and 'Cardiff Open Colleges' to deliver progression routes into the University from schools and colleges across Wales and the wider UK, support the expansion of Welsh medium provision and foster civic engagement in the Cardiff Capital Region.
5. Managed growth of the University's current Schools.
6. Enhancement of the University's research and innovation activities, involving significant growth in the volume, quality, value and impact of research and innovation.
7. Development of synergy between on-campus and off-campus provision encompassing the University's 16 established global partners and students from over 140 countries.
Details of the new senior leadership positions and how to apply are available here or via the links above.